This recipe can be made in 15 minutes or less (Category #2).
~an allergy-friendly version of the popular pasta with Alfredo sauce~
· 16 oz. fettuccine
· 8 oz. (1 stick) dairy-free margarine
· 8 oz. vegan mozzarella-flavored “cheese”, shredded (I prefer Daiya)
· ½ teaspoon garlic powder
· ⅛ teaspoon pepper
· Salt to taste
· 2 Tablespoons parsley (dried)
· Vegan parmesan-flavored “cheese” (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate large pot, melt margarine over medium-low heat.
3. Add So Delicious Original Culinary Coconut Milk and vegan mozzarella cheese; stir over medium heat until cheese is melted, adding more coconut milk if necessary for a smooth consistency.*
4. Stir in seasonings. Reduce heat to low and let cook until pasta is ready.
5. Drain pasta and immediately add to sauce. Remove from heat. Mix well but gently, until pasta is coated evenly.
6. Serve with vegan parmesan-flavored “cheese”, if desired.
*I use a whisk in this step. It helps to break up the “cheese” clumps.
This recipe is free of dairy, eggs, peanuts, fish, and shellfish. To make it soy-free, be sure to choose a safe margarine and “cheese” (Daiya is soy-free). For tree-nut-free, do not use a nut-based vegan cheese (such as cashew or almond). Coconut is a seed, not a tree nut, but if you need to avoid coconut, choose a milk alternative that is safe for your allergy set, and use one that is plain (NOT vanilla) and unsweetened. To make it wheat and/or gluten free, use a gluten-free pasta (does not have to be fettuccine-shaped). Always double-check ingredients, including cross-contamination risk based on your level of sensitivity and comfort.